News Board: Administrator Help
When News Board is first installed, it is setup with the default configuration and the News page will not be accessible to users.
As the Confluence administrator you determine the app’s General Settings:
- If the link to the News page should appear on the global navigation; and
- If any user can feature content.
You can also install News Board as a theme in a Space.
General Settings are accessed via Apps > Manage Apps. Then find the News Board app in the list of User-installed apps and click 'Configure'.
Note: The name of your News page and the link in the global navigation is set via the Look and Feel dialog.
Delegating configuration of News Board via user roles
Other configuration rights can be delegated to other users using the Users dialog. The following News Board roles are available:
- Admin - configure all settings, except General Settings.
- Editor - Feature content, manage Categories, configure Look and Feel.
- Feature - Feature content. Only applies if all users aren't permitted to feature content.
Refer to the Using News Board page for help with featuring content, manage categories, and configuring the look and feel.
Compatibility with News Board Lite
Installing News Board and News Board Lite at the same time is not recommended, as users will see duplicated feature icons and menu links on blogposts. However, featured content will continue to work with the following limitations:
- When displayed in News Board, blogposts featured using News Board Lite have no category assigned and the lozenge will not appear.
- If a blogpost featured using News Board is updated using News Board Lite, the category will be removed.
- Category keywords set using News Board are ignored by News Board Lite.
While you try News Board, it is safe to uninstall News Board Lite and then reinstall again later if you change your mind.